Kitesurf Travel Advisor
KiteBnB is a travel tech startup looking for Kitesurf Travel Advisor. The role is based in Cape Town, with occasional trips to our other kitesurfing destinations in Mauritius and Zanzibar. The role is not just sales, but more broadly, and you’ll be able to put your talents and creativity to work across teams.
Launched in 2015 as an online accomodation marketplace for kitesurfers and windsurfers, KiteBnB provides travellers with properties in four price ranges: Budget, Standard, Premium and Luxury. Join us and let’s together help all wind chasers to find their dream accommodation in the best kitesurfing spots in the world.
We are looking for people who embody our core values: trust, optimism, creativity, collaboration, honesty, passion, hard-working and integrity.
We need your help and you’ll be responsible to:
- Help kitesurfers and windsurfers to find their dream accommodation in South Africa, Mauritius and Zanzibar
- Interact with our guests over the phone, email and instant chat
- Wow potential guest with first-hand knowledge of our properties and destinations
- Viewing new properties to grow our portfolio of handpicked accommodation
- Ensure the accuracy of property listings on KiteBnB platform
- Work with our Development team to create the best online booking customer experience
- Keeping up to date with kitesurfing industry, and travel conditions in our destinations
- Helping to shape the KiteBnB brand and create the best company for kitesurfers to book with for African travel
- Contribute content to our website and blog by interviewing hosts and guests
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a passion for kitesurfing and/or windsurfing
- Is friendly and loves working with people and customer service
- Has excellent written and spoken English. Bonus points for additional language, German, French or Spanish
- Is highly motivated, proactive and organized self-starter
- Has Solid computer literacy
- Can answer messages outside of a standard M-F work week
- Has capacity to embrace change as we pioneer the new way to book kitesurf holidays
- Has knowledge of Cape Town and surrounds
Experience in travel industry would be an advantage. Love for travel is a must!
Working hours: 8am-5pm with an hour for lunch, Monday to Friday. But given that it is the tourism industry, flexibility will be required.
Remuneration: Subject to qualifications and experience.
Please send your CV or Linkedin Profile together with short motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org until 15th November 2019. Internship applications from applicants who have a love and a passion for the tourism industry and want to learn how it all operates are accepted as well. We thank all candidates for their interest and we will reach out only to shortlisted applicants that will be invited for interview.